Matrix Space

Is there something up with the Matrix space? The link on the homepage (and recent events post) is https://matrix.to/#/#general-forgefed:matrix.batsense.net but trying to join it using Element web produces:

I’m sorry, matrix.batsense.net has been down for ~10 days. I suffered a hardware failure, I’m trying to secure spares to come back online.

@dachary: apologies for not pinging you earlier, I didn’t expect it to take this long. Can you please assign the space and the rooms a matrix.org alias or an alias with some other homeserver?

2 Likes

I don’t know how to do that I’m afraid and would mess things up. You are admin if I’m not mistaken and I would be grateful if you could fix this. With aliases or anything else really: this is still a blur for me :blush:

1 Like

I think you are admin on the space as well. The issues with my server will hopefully be resolved over the weekend. But if it doesn’t, I could help you set aliases to both the chatroom and the space, which would remove the dependency on matrix.batsense.net.

I confirm that I am an admin. I also confirm that I would need to level up considerably in my understanding of Matrix to even begin to understand the solution you propose I’m afraid.