FedeProxy is a horizontal community of individuals, therefore not incorporated: it is not possible to donate to the organization because it does not exist. As a consequence each member of the community is responsible for raising their own money and for receiving funds that they pledge to dedicate to the advancement of the fedeproxy project.
As you can see in the liberapay page, the funds currently go directly to individuals (@pilou and @dachary as of July 2021). And people will be added or removed from the list of beneficiaries when the fedeproxy community decides.
The income and expense spreadsheet will show, weekly (as pledged on the liberapay page), if the money that was received via liberapay is actually accounted for. If something is unclear or missing, a discussion should start in the funding category of the forum asking for clarification. This may ultimately lead to a decision to remove someone from the liberapay page.
Here is an example showing how it will go when someone earmarks a donation:
- Someone adds to the https://liberapay.com/fedeproxy/ account and earmarks it for a particular project
- An individual who is a beneficiary of the liberapay donations made to fedeproxy add this to the income part of spreadsheet
- When someone claims the funds, a new topic will be opened on the forum for the community to come to a consensus (because that’s how the decision process starts).
- When the decision is final the individuals who are beneficiaries of the liberapay donations will send the required amount to the person who claimed the funds
- Someone will add that amount to the expense part of the spreadsheet, with a link to the topic of the forum discussing the decision
- Anyone can later verify in the spreadsheet, via the URL to the decision to release the funds, that the donation was used as intended.
This process does not scale, at all. But there currently are very little to no donations therefore it does not matter much and the fedeproxy community can address the problem when it presents itself.