Fr33domlover - January 2022 toot considering continuing work on forgefed

And I see forge federation work being done, especially with #Gitea. Exciting! The dream isn’t far :slight_smile:

Since I have a place (for) now etc., I’ve been considering to quietly continue ForgeFed work and see how it goes. No promises but I’m considering it.

1 Like

I added an additional reply regarding the migration of ForgeFed forum discussion on Feneas, before it shuts down (I think) 2 Februari.

https://mastodon.social/@humanetech/107668001222746836

And a follow-up to forum discussion:

2 Likes

Attn: One week left before the Feneas forum shuts down

2 Likes

A copy of the forgefed forum’s post is available on the forgefriends Nextcloud instance

2 Likes

This an agreement for me to maintain forgefed. This is a green light to get forgefed moving forward, very happen about it :tada:

2 Likes

This is great news! As part of ForgeFlux, I would love to assist in advancing forgefed.

We have unique needs: even though the goal is to offer temporary relief until native federation becomes a thing, I have a feeling we’ll be around for a while(until GitHub federates). So I’d like to represent our requirements while developing forgefed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just to be clear: I’m more than willing to contribute to forgefed if and when someone takes the responsibility of leading the project. I won’t be that person, at least in the next year or two because I’m otherwise busy.

The good news (the great news really) is that there is no blocker should someone decide to fork and move forward otherwise I would have been told nothing or they would have politely declined. This is an interpretation on my part, of course. But given the number of publicly available exchanges regarding forgefed over the past year and the lack of activity, I’m not sure I can do better than that :slight_smile:

In the past months I wrote, more than once, that forking forgefed to continue the work could go against the will of the maintainer(s). IMHO fr33domlover is a clue that it is not the case.

2 Likes

Cross-ref’ing just in case: Welcome ForgeFed as part of Forge Friends? - #30 by aschrijver

2 Likes