Forge federation webinar preparation

Mail sent to Alexandra:

Hi Alexandra,

I’m starting to organize the January videoconference[0]. It is going to be two hours long instead of one, i.e. three hours of your time instead of two, at your usual rate.

The dates/hours can be (UTC+1):

• January 17, 2022 10:00 AM → 11:59 AM
  • January 18, 2022 10:00 AM → 11:59 AM
  • January 19, 2022 10:00 AM → 11:59 AM

Please let me know if any of these dates/times do not work for you.

Cheers

P.S. Feel free to respond on the forum :slight_smile: I’m writing you an email because I’m not sure if the forum notifications will catch your attention.

[0] Forge federation webinar - #7 by dachary

@aschrijver @realaravinth a skeleton agenda was created for the webinar, with a slot for each of you. Feel free to edit that as you want, it’s a wiki post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Open invitation for Gitea presenters to propose a talk.

1 Like

Mail sent to Cory, maintainer of go-fed

Hi Cory,

I hope this end of year is going well! A forge federation webinar is being organized mid-january[0]. Not just for the project I’m involved in (now known as forgefriends which is way better than the former name fedeproxy). It is intended to be an opportunity for anyone interested in forge federation to get together, make short (5 minutes) presentations and discuss.

I thought it would be a nice opportunity for you to give an update on go-fed and call for co-maintainers so that go-fed can keep going. Or any other topic you prefer if it turns out you will have time spend on go-fed in 2022, which would be fantastic news.

What do you think?

[0] Forge federation webinar, January ?th 2022, 10am-noon UTC+1

He replied positively and will take a closer look next week.

Mail sent to zPlus, co-author of forgefed

Hi,

I hope this end of year is going well! A forge federation webinar is being organized mid-january[0]. Not just for the project I’m involved in (now known as forgefriends which is way better than the former name fedeproxy). It is intended to be an opportunity for anyone interested in forge federation to get together, make short (5 minutes) presentations and discuss.

It would be great if you could make a short presentation on forgefed and the work you will be doing during 2022.

What do you think?

[0] Forge federation webinar, January 19th 2022, 10am-noon UTC+1

Update 2022-01-13: zPlus kindly declined.

Hi @JoostAgterhoek,

It would make sense for the webinar that is organized on forge federation mid-January[0] to include a lightning talk on funding (what got funded in the past and why, what kind of work should apply for funding in the future etc.).

Do you have a suggestion about someone who would be a good presenter for such a topic?

Cheers

[0] Forge federation webinar, January ?th 2022, 10am-noon UTC+1

Hi Loïc,
Thank you for the suggested time slots.
I am available on the 19th of January 10 a.m. UTC. Please let me know if everyone is ok with this date. Best regards,
Alexandra

1 Like

@Alexandra @aschrijver @realaravinth please save the date: the webinar is set to happen January 19th, 2022 from 10:00am to 11:59am UTC+1 and the details (agenda and link to the videoconference) will be available at Forge federation webinar, January 19th 2022, 10am-noon UTC+1. @Alexandra, Zhuoy and myself will be connected one hour before (9:00am UTC+1) to verify the technical setup and go over the agenda to help prepare for simultaneous interpretation.

2 Likes

Thanks, I have the date noted down. On the agenda I just posted something to our Social Coding chatroom that may affect it. Independent from this event we haven’t made up our mind how we’ll launch Social Coding, and how all of the collaboration and relationships that are coming together fit best in terms of positioning, organization, branding and advocacy. I am not sure yet if Social Coding will present in a ‘forge federation’ webinar. That has TBD yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, I removed that from the tentative agenda then :slight_smile: Would you like to make a 5 minutes presentation on another topic?

1 Like

Cannot make a promise yet. Am quite overhwelmed with all the things I’ve got going on, ha ha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@aschrijver it would help a lot if you can make the time to prepare a presentation. You have a unique perspective on the matter. If that helps, I can make myself available the day before (18th January) at a time of your choosing to help rehearse and prepare your 5 minutes presentation during one hour. That should be enough time, don’t you think?

Right now there are only two confirmed speakers (@realaravinth and myself), one to be confirmed (cjslep), one who is yet to reply (zPlus), and two fishing expeditions (funding + gitea). Your participation would really make a difference :slight_smile:

@techknowlogick would you be available for presenting the work you’ve done to further federation in GItea in the past few months? The format is very short (5 minutes presentation) followed by 10 minutes of Q&A. It’s not the best timeslot for your timezone (10:00am → 11:59am) because we have to accommodate for people in mainland China, India in Europe. And it appears there are not zillions of Gitea developers in north america. It will happen January 19th, 2022.

Oh, and it can be pre-recorded if the timeslot is very wrong!

I’ve had a few calls in the past many days at 4am (my time), due to EU/CN timezones, and I’m not keen on repeating it, my apologies. I already get no sleep as it is :laughing:

I’d be happy to pre-record something, and if any Qs come in beforehand I could answer them too (or afterwards as well).

Edit: aha, I didn’t see that second post of yours come in as I was writing this, yes pre-record would be very much preferred :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Fantastic! I’ll be able to address some of the Q, I suppose. And forward the others to you to be answered asynchronously.

1 Like

Announced the webinar today in the OpenSourceDiversity forum in a thread where mentioning the presence of French & Chinese interpreters seemed relevant.

https://forum.forgefriends.org/t/proposal-dispursing-sponsorship-funds/548/2

Asked people from Karrot if they would be willing to speak about funding in a transparent way.

https://matrix.to/#/!hLvyfFiEgExICCPsSm:matrix.org/$Xpngvjr3Nf2BSYei5FfXTh10wMF-Iy3OuQIfljHEIpY?via=matrix.org

The agenda is ready. More speakers can be added at a later time. Now reaching out to each speaker to ask them to proofread the summary.

@realaravinth ping
@cjslep ping
@karrot ping

1 Like

@techknowlogick I wrote a quick summary that should (hopefully) reflect the lighting talk you are going to record during 5 minutes for the webinar. Would you be so kind as to proofread it? You can either edit it youself to fix/add whatever you’d like. Or I’d be happy to edit for you.