Fedeproxy Updates, October 2021

This monthly meeting is a conversation about what happened in the fedeproxy project since the last meeting, as described in the October 2021 blog post.

Videoconference at https://jitsi.enough.community/NeatTablesAppearPlayfully

Short reminder about the Code of Conduct

It starts with 5 minutes presentations (maximum 6) about what was done since the last meeting followed by a 5 minutes free discussion on various topics. Everyone is invited to make a presentation, as long as something concrete happened and exclusively about activities conducted in public. Each presentation must be prepared (improvisation does not make for a useful presentation) and associated with URLs where participants will find evidences about the activities.

Setting the date for the next meeting

Any date during the next month is suitable. For instance the July meeting may be on the 20th and the August meeting on the 2nd, as long as at least two person are available to participate.

Presentations

Discussion topics

Topics for next meetings

The technical setup for simultaneous translation from French to English will happen in two videoconference rooms:

The participants will join the videoconference rooms as follows:

• French speaking participants will connect to:
    • the English room and mute their microphone
    • the French room with their microphone active
  • The translator will connect to:
    • the French room and mute their microphone
    • the English room and with their microphone active
  • All other participants will connect to the English room with their microphone active

When someone speaks in French in the French room, the translator will hear their voice and speak on their behalf in the English room.

The technical setup was difficult because of echo when working with two Jitsi sessions at the same time. I was able to reproduce the problem and will work on fixing it.

There were delays in translation and they were mainly due to the fact that I stopped speaking french and waited for Alexandra to translate. I should have kept going: that’s what simultaneous translation is about. But I was waiting and listening to the translation. My bad.

Let’s do that one more time in November, for real this time. Thanks a lot to Alexandra, @aschrijver and @rado for their patience and participation :+1:

1 Like

A “marketing & branding” (scare quoted :wink: ) tip: Use descriptive Jitsi URL’s… the more the project name is out there, the better. E.g.:

It is also easier to remember.

2 Likes

I missed that one :-/
I added the next meeting to the fedeproxy calendar :slight_smile: .

1 Like

The date of the next meeting was changed to match Alexandra O. availability. Fedeproxy Updates, November 2021

I updated the fedeproxy calendar :wink:

1 Like