DAPSI call deadline 20/01/2021

Note that this videoconference required a google account :disappointed:. @misc pointed to me that non-Google account holders can only join an existing meeting created from a G Suite user, not a free user.

Here are my notes about the [DAPSI] Application Infrastructure and Support Tools (Webinar) meeting:

• I updated the Application Infrastructure and Support Tools - Attendees List adding my name.
  • some infrastructure (by default: 2VMs, 4Go, 1public IP) is provided for free via Fiware lab, which is a Cloud infrastructure based on OpenStack (15 nodes spread all around europe and rest and the world). We could request a quota increase. This infrastructure will be provided during all the DAPSI project. Using this cloud provider is recommended but not mandatory. I shared the OpenStack credentials with @dachary. During this webinar, I created a virtual machine using the Horizon web interface and connected to this host using SSH.
  • Accounts to a redmine instance will be provided.
  • https://docs.dapsi.ngi.eu is a technical knowledgebase (docker, fiware, redmine 
). There is a publications section, it is recommended to share (public or private) materials here.

The recording of this meeting will be available on Youtube.

1 Like

Received today:

Bonjour

Un petit mail en français

J’espĂšre que cet email vous trouvera en bonne santĂ©.

Comme vous le savez déjà, pendant le programme DAPSI, nous vous proposons un accompagnement individuel avec un mentor dédié.

Votre mentor sera redacted qui travaille dans l’équipe d’IMT Starter.

Trois sessions de 2h chacune sont prévues le :

le 26 mai
le 16 juin
le 2 juillet

Je vous laisse gĂ©rer les crĂ©neaux horaires de ces journĂ©es. Si pour une raison particuliĂšre vous n’étiez pas disponible, merci d’organiser votre rĂ©union autour de ces jours.

Je vous souhaite une discussion trĂšs constructive.

And I replied:

Bonjour,

EnchantĂ© de faire votre connaissance :slight_smile: De notre cotĂ© (et sous contrĂŽle de Pierre-Louis en copie), nous sommes disponibles Ă  l’heure de votre convenance durant les trois jours proposĂ©s.

Si cela vous convient, je propose que nous nous retrouvions sur le salon de visioconférence suivant:

https://jitsi.enough.community/ResidentialContributorsTextFully

Cordialement

I forgot the affinity mapping 26 May in the afternoon :scream: Thanks @pilou for the reminder! Just sent the followup:

Re-Bonjour,

Pierre-Louis me fait remarquer que nous avons pris un engagement le 26 mai dans l’aprĂšs midi, nous avons donc une contrainte horaire ce jour la. Mais nous sommes disponibles en matinĂ©e.

Cordialement

Reply from the mentor today:

Bonsoir Loïc et merci de votre réaction rapide.

Pour ma part j’avais notĂ© le RdV du 26 mai pour le matin, donc ce devrait rĂ©pondre Ă  vos contraintes.

Bonne fin de semaine,

and:

Bonsoir.

Permettez-moi de vous proposer de repositionner la réunion du 2 juillet à la semaine suivante, car je serai finalement en congés.

Je vous propose donc 7 au matin ou le 8 matin (ou aprÚs-midi) : quelle est votre préférence ?

Merci d’avance et bonne fin de semaine,

I am not available from the 7 to the 15 July included. I am available the previous week.

1 Like

We probably don’t need to be together on that occasion. I replied:

Bonjour,

Pas de soucis pour dĂ©caler le 7 au matin. C’est notĂ©.

Cordialement

1 Like

Received today:

Dear all

hope you’re doing well.

On the next Thursday (20th of May) you will have your first online session with our trainer redacted (copied in this email).

The session will take place from 10 to 12 AM on zoom:

redacted is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Dapsi Business Training
Time: May 20, 2021 10:00 AM Madrid

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89064674277?pwd=elJydXZ1bWVsbjJ0cnFMSXlycG9zZz09

Meeting ID: [890 6467 4277](callto:890 6467 4277)
Passcode: 197697
One tap mobile
+442034815240,89064674277#,*197697# United Kingdom
+442039017895,89064674277#,*197697# United Kingdom

Dial by your location
[+44 203 481 5240](callto:+44 203 481 5240) United Kingdom
[+44 203 901 7895](callto:+44 203 901 7895) United Kingdom
[+44 208 080 6591](callto:+44 208 080 6591) United Kingdom
[+44 208 080 6592](callto:+44 208 080 6592) United Kingdom
[+44 330 088 5830](callto:+44 330 088 5830) United Kingdom
[+44 131 460 1196](callto:+44 131 460 1196) United Kingdom
[+44 203 481 5237](callto:+44 203 481 5237) United Kingdom
[+1 346 248 7799](callto:+1 346 248 7799) US (Houston)
[+1 669 900 6833](callto:+1 669 900 6833) US (San Jose)
[+1 929 436 2866](callto:+1 929 436 2866) US (New York)
[+1 253 215 8782](callto:+1 253 215 8782) US (Tacoma)
[+1 301 715 8592](callto:+1 301 715 8592) US (Washington DC)
[+1 312 626 6799](callto:+1 312 626 6799) US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: [890 6467 4277](callto:890 6467 4277)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kce62Z9H7E

For a better preparation and comprehension of your project please complete the follow form (it takes you 5 min) before Wednesday end of the day:

https://forms.gle/qqv9pVGzeK1aiLR4A

Thank you for your participation.

Best

I filled the form.

Name of startup *

fedeproxy

What stage defines you best? *

powerpoint

Based on your milestones describe your 3 main business challenges for the next 6 months? *

the fedeproxy is an experiment with no business objective

Based on your milestones, describe your 3 main technical challenges for the next 6 months? *

(i) user research, (ii) software implementation, (iii) running in production

Based on your current stage, describe your ideal 1st customer/partner/user/integration/pilot/PoC. Be as specific as you can be. In other words, if we could waive a magic wand, and get you a first customer, who would that be? *

A Free Software developer working with multiple software forge on a daily basis.

As we are here to help, anything specific you need help on or anything else we should know?

no

Received today:

Dear startups,

thanks again for the participation to the webinar held last week.

I hope it was interesting and that you could take advantage of our Infrastructure and Tools.

Here attached you can find the slides I used during the webinar, you will find the “step-by-step” video tutorial about FIWARE Lab (slide 7) and some useful links in slide 13.

Of course for any doubt don’t hesitate to contact me again, and
 be ready
 because we are arranging the next webinar about FIWARE Generic Enablers to boost up the development of your solution!

Cheers,

(slides redacted to remove the one that includes passwords for all accounts)

Application Infrastructure and Support Tools - Webinar.odp (4.7 MB)

Received today.

Dear all,

I would like to inform and invite you to the final event of DAPSI projects from the first open call:

“The web after the Platforms” on the 2nd of June.

Seven DAPSI teams will pitch their project in the framework of a bigger event. They will also participate in different panel discussion.

The information and registration details in the flyer attached. I hope you can attend. It will be really interesting! It is free.

Best regards,

I’m not available at that time and will not attend.

Received today:

Title:

DAPSI Value Proposition Training

When:

jeudi 27 mai 2021 10:00 – 12:00

Description:

redacted is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 890 6467 4277
One tap mobile
+442034815240,89064674277#,*197697# United Kingdom
+442039017895,89064674277#,*197697# United Kingdom

Dial by your location
+44 203 481 5240 United Kingdom

Meeting ID: 890 6467 4277
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kce62Z9H7E

Sent today (individual mentoring, 2h meeting):

Bonsoir,

Je confirme notre rendez-vous le 26 mai 2021 à 9h00 sur ce salon de visioconférence:

https://jitsi.enough.community/ResidentialContributorsTextFully

Cordialement

Answer received today:

DAPSI - Coaching session #1

mercredi 26 mai 2021 11:00 – 12:00

J’espĂšre que ce crĂ©neau vous conviendra, sinon dites-moi. En reprenant vos courriels, je vois que vous prĂ©fĂ©rez Jitsi, je prends donc votre lien Jitsi https://jitsi.enough.community/ResidentialContributorsTextFully comme moyen de connexion initial (on conserve MS/TEAMS en secours et mon mobile redacted en plan C).

Context

· Dapsi program propose a coaching session series

Agenda

· Pitch of the project, at the point where it is now and its perspectives : Loïc

· Review of the main KPIs for the rest of the year

· Review of the plan to achieve the targets

· Review of the means available and needed, the ways to obtain and use them

· Review of the main challenges for the weeks ahead

· Open discussion

· Conclusion and set up the next recurrent time slots for the months to come

Expected outcomes

· Clear view of the project, its goals, difficulties and solutions.

Actions, next steps

· According to conclusion

Reçu aujourd’hui:

Loïc, merci de votre disponibilité pour notre partage ce matin.

Ci-dessous quelques notes pour rĂ©sumĂ© notre discussion (dites-moi si j’ai mal compris quelque chose).

Bonne fin de journée,

Minutes

· FedeProxy aims first at allowing interactions of subscribers of forge’s services with non-subscribers (those later ones may want to interact with developers of specific forge services without being users of those services).

· A second FedeProxy may come later, allowing subscribers of a forge service to move own data to another forge service (but this second function have to be proved relevant as developers (from entreprises or independent ones) do not seem to really needing that portability facility).

· FedeProxy has made 10 (1-hour long) interviews of users of forge services and plan to analyse them in June and July.

· It is unclear what part of potential users would be keen to pay for the FedeProxy service, but the costs of operation are rather low (a simple server would operate the identity translation between the person’s and that in the targeted forge). Various possible business model could be foreseen.

· FedeProxy aims at operating a PoC involving some users to validate the interest, seize the potential market, clarify the usage and the possible business models.

Actions, next steps

· Analyse the interviews made, identify the top priority pains and needs : FedeProxy/Loïc, Pierre-Louis

· Next meetings : June 16th and July 7th, 11:00 to 12:00am : redacted to send corresponding invitations.

And I sent the following reply:

Bonjour,

Merci pour votre Ă©coute et vos conseils, c’était un plaisir. Le rĂ©sumĂ© est fidĂšle, Ă  un dĂ©tail prĂšs: il n’entre pas dans le cadre du projet de clarifier les business models. C’est un point important qui a Ă©tĂ© prĂ©cisĂ© lorsque le projet a Ă©tĂ© soumis. Je confirme cependant que l’intention est bien de valider l’intĂ©rĂȘt de l’expĂ©rimentation auprĂšs d’une population telle que dĂ©finie dans la proposition. Bien que l’ambition soit modeste elle est essentielle.

Cordialement

Received today:

Homework following the Path to Product Market fit, The Basics DAPSI session:

Reply to the FIWARE webinar invitation:

Hi [redacted],

We are very happy with the access to the OpenStack cluster that you provided. It will be a useful resource to the fedeproxy project. Pierre-Louis and I have many years of experience with OpenStack (I actually was a trainer for new contributors from the very beginning of the OpenStack project :slight_smile: ). Unless it is mandatory, I don’t think we would benefit from the webinar: we know exactly how to use OpenStack and leverage it to its full potential.

Thanks again for providing this invaluable resource!

1 Like

Reply from FIWARE received today:

Hi Loic,

the email below was to invite you to attend the webinar about FIWARE Generic Enablers. You should have received a calendar invitation for tomorrow morning.

We already had the webinar about FIWARE Lab and OpenStack on the 13th of May.

In any case very good to know that you are experts on this field!

Thanks,

Reply from DAPSI regarding the diversity amendment proposed:

Dear LoĂŻc,

Thank you for informing on that matter.

I share your email with our colleagues from [redacted] so they can take this into account.

Best regards,

Here are my notes about the [DAPSI] How to boost the development of your application by using FIWARE Generic Enablers - WEBINAR meeting:

1 Like

Received today:

Dear DAPSI participants,

The DAPSI programme recently started, you already had the first training sessions with [redacted] and also your first session with your assigned mentor. I hope it is being interesting for you and I would like to remind the importance of the attendance to these activities as this is an important aspect to assess your performance in the DAPSI programme.

I would like to also inform you that you will receive an explanatory document soon, extending the information provided in the welcome meeting regarding KPIs for evaluation, calculation of payments, etc. In the meantime, you are supposed to work according to the proposal plan you submitted, as the KPIs will be defined aligned to this.

Anyway, If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact and ask.

Best regards,

Mail received today on the diversity topic:

Thank you for your email. The first technical evaluation will take place on Month 5 (end of September). If I understood correctly, you want me to add another deliverable to your list titled “Ongoing effort to improve diversity, M1-M9”. I will add it to your list. You will soon receive a table regarding the KPIs. But please remember that we are NOT defining project-specific KPIs, but rather we are designing a big table that incorporates all deliverables from all teams and includes high-level categories and their corresponding KPIs.

Please feel free to directly contact me in case you have any questions.

To which I replied:

Thank you for adding this deliverable to the fedeproxy list. I did not realize the KPI were global to all projects, thanks for clarifying this important aspect. What really matters is that fedeproxy commitment to diversity is now an integral part of the project.