DAPSI call deadline 20/01/2021

The following reply was sent today:

Hi,

Please find the requested documents attached. Note that we did not include a group photo nor a photo for the use case in action because we don’t have that at this time. Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

• DAPSI-Communication_fedeproxy.docx (2.5 MB)
  • logo in a separate file (png/jpg) fedeproxy
  • Illustration of the use case in action (not sure what it means)
  • A photo of each team member (high-definition, square size)
    • loic-dachary
    • pierre-louis-bonicoli
  • Logo of each entity (Horizontal version, if available) libregerbil-horizontal

The subgrant agreement (62 pages) was received today and I signed it. I will not post it here because it contains private information (related to payment). Oddly enough it has my bank details and the bank statement from Pierre-Louis. It probably is a mistake on their part but I can’t see that it will cause any trouble in the future and did not mention it. The payment schedule is as follows:

According to the budget estimated in the proposal (AnnexI), the allocated budget and corresponding
payments for this project are:

• Phase 1 First payment (M1) 24.800 €
  • Phase 2 Second payment (M5) 24.800 €
  • Third payment (M10) 24.800 €
  • Total 74.400 €

The rest of the document is a concatenation of the documents already posted here (proposal, guidelines, everything). It is unclear what M1 is: since the kickoff is scheduled April 23rd, does it mean M1 is April? We will see.

1 Like

I signed the subgrant agreement.

1 Like

I sent the following question to the DAPSI generic contact today:

Hi,

A quick question about the project schedule: from which date does M1 start? Is it from April 23rd, 2021 which would make the end of M1 May 23rd?

Thank you in advance for your help

The initial response from DAPSI was sent to an unmasked CC: list of contacts, one per project. There were 15 of them. By the end of the month they will be revealed when the selected participants are advertised on the DAPSI page so it is not a problematic information leak. If there are less than 15 projects announced, it means either that my count was incorrect or that some of them declined to participate and/or were not illegible for administrative reasons. In any case, if there are more than 12 projects, it looks like there will be some kind of selection at the end of the phase 1.

In the original guidelines the graphic showing the scheduled was like this:

im

But in the grant agreement signed yesterday it looks like this:

schedule

Notice the Up to 12 Teams at the bottom? I wonder what it means exactly.

Received today

Dear all,

As previously announced, we will meet next Friday 23rd April for the official launch of DAPSI with all of you.

I attach the tentative agenda with the full morning session, starting at 9:00 and finishing at 13:00 CET time.

The event will be online and devoted to present you the DAPSI partners, programme, assessment scheme, etc. Also, a very important part is scheduled for you to pitch about your project in 5 minutes (Free format but we recommend you to support your pitch with few slides). That way, we will better know you, you all will know the other projects, and also, researchers and innovators from the first round will be invited to meet you. Let’s make our DAPSI community grow!

More details will come in the next days (connection link and pitch order).

Best regards and see you soon!

Kick_off_Meeting_Agenda - v2.pdf (391.5 KB)

Received today:

Hi again,

I attach the updated agenda with the pitch order.

You will also receive an outlook invitation. The connection details will be included in this invitation shortly.

Notice that at least one representative per project should connect. And of course, you can share the information and invitation with other colleagues in your team willing to join.

Best regards,

Kick_off_Meeting_Agenda - v3.pdf (403.4 KB)

Today I received a link to a zoom videoconference room for the meeting scheduled April 23rd, 2021. I replied with the following:

Hi,

Would it be possible to setup the videoconference on a service hosted with Free Software such as https://jitsi.org/ or https://bigbluebutton.org? Or to be able to join using a regular phone number?

I apologize for this request and would fully understand if you do not provide alternatives. I’m a Free Software vegetarian[0], meaning I do not use proprietary software, even when they are awesome. Very much like a vegetarian would not eat meat, even when it is delicious :slight_smile: It is an ethical and personal choice I made years ago and it sometimes causes problems.

If there is no way to join the meeting other than zoom, I’m willing to prepare a video with the presentation of the project and send it to you so I can somehow participate and asynchronously interact with the other project members. I could watch the recording afterwards. It’s just an idea though: I’m trying to find all imaginable ways to participate without using proprietary software.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and I look forward to finding the best possible solution.

Cheers

[0] https://blog.dachary.org/2020/12/19/looking-for-a-free-software-vegetarian-developer-position/

1 Like

The answer to the previous email, received today:

Dear Loïc,

I understand your point but unfortunately this is an online event with many people taking part so we can not change to a tool we have not used before. They are not familiar for us and we cannot use them on Friday.
If it was a 1to1 call between you and me, no problem, but not possible for this kind of event.

Notice also that the attendance is mandatory as we will explain all the important aspects of the programme, evaluation and payments. In fact, the first payment is linked to the attendance of the event on Friday. In addition, further sessions organised within the programme in the coming months will probably use proprietary systems.

I hope you can be flexible and confirm your participation.

I replied:

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Again I apologize for the inconvenience it causes you. It appears that it is possible to join a meeting using a regular phone[0]. Would you be so kind as to provide me with the phone number I should call? Someone who knows zoom told me this is available from the meeting organizer panel and that people routinely join via phone for various reasons (most often because the internet is not available at their location at the time of the meeting).

Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

[0] https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362663-Joining-a-meeting-or-webinar-by-phone

Reply received this morning:

Hi Loïc,

I will ask the partner in charge of the Zoom session, and if possible, of course, we will provide you the phone number.

Let me check.
Best regards,

Reply received this morning:

Hi,

here it is:

Participer à la réunion Zoom
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/redacted

ID de réunion : redacted
Une seule touche sur l’appareil mobile
+33186995831,redacted# France
+33170372246,redacted# France

Composez un numéro en fonction de votre emplacement
+33 1 8699 5831 France
+33 1 7037 2246 France
+33 1 7037 9729 France
+33 1 7095 0103 France
+33 1 7095 0350 France
ID de réunion : redacted
Trouvez votre numéro local : https://us02web.zoom.us/u/redacted

1 Like

I replied:

Hi,

This is perfect! Thank you very much for your understanding and your assistance. I very much look forward to participate in the kickoff meeting this friday :slight_smile:

Cheers

Answer:

Hi,
Great to see there is a suitable solution for all.
See you soon.
Best,

The 3 minutes pitch was used to present fedeproxy during the meeting, by phone (i.e. no slides).

Received today:

Subject: NGI DAPSI: Communication toolkit

Dear DAPSI team,

As we’ve discussed at our Kickoff meeting, you are now part of the wide Next Generation Internet (NGI) community. You can be proud of it and you can say it loud and clear by integrating the NGI brand into your project branding at various levels.

The NGI endorsement gives you added legitimacy, and positions your initiative within a broad constellation of innovators empowered by the NGI support.

It also shows that you are part of a strong and sustainable pan-European vision.
It finally demonstrates that your project is worth supporting.

The NGI branding will help you to achieve:

• Better visibility in the world of European innovation;
  • The claim of belonging to a large and dynamic community ;
  • The affirmation of the value of your project , selected and supported by NGI

To support you on this we have prepared a kit with the following tools:

1. Press release template : A communication about your selection into DAPSI’s programme. You just need to adapt the text in green and share it among your press/media/blogs contacts.
  2. Social media content : A set of post templates for Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, to share your achievement among your social media accounts.
  3. Co-branding suggestions : You can use the “Funded by”or “Supported by” NGI tag logo under your project logo to co-brand it.
  4. NGI, DAPSI and EU logos : You can publish the logos on your website and on your communication materials.
  5. NGI textual recognition: If, for any reason, you prefer not to use the NGI logo, you can use a “text only” signature: Xxxx has received funding from the Next Generation Internet Initiative (NGI) within the framework of the DAPSI Project
  6. Official credits of the EU support: For official purposes you should use the following acknowledgment: “This project has received funding from the European Union’s H2020 research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement no 871498”
  7. Social media engagement: You can follow NGI and DAPSI on social networks and be part of the dialogue using handles and hashtags (@ngi4eu @NGI_DAPSI #NGI4EU).

Please find here all the material mentioned above and a presentation with instructions.

We are also happy to tell you that you can already find your projects’ information at DAPSI’s Hall of Fame, as well as an article presenting the Open Call 2 winners.

Feel free to get in touch with me in case you have any doubts, or if you need any additional materials. We are here to support you!

Regards,

Still looking for information regarding how I should declare the money. Sent a mail to the DAPSI contacts today.

Dear all,

I spoke to four different people at the French IRS in the past two weeks and unfortunately none of them have the slightest clue how the money received from DAPSI must be declared. I would be very grateful if you could provide me with a contact or a reference regarding the rules that must be followed.

Thanks in advance for your help and have a wonderful day!

Sent to the https://www.capdigital.com/ representative and the https://www.imt-starter.fr/ representative. They are based in France and a DAPSI partner.

Bonjour,

Je sollicite votre aide en tant que partenaire français du programme DAPSI. Le projet fedeproxy a été accepté et j’y participe à titre individuel. Je vais donc recevoir, en tant que particulier et non en tant que représentant d’une personne morale, une somme d’argent que je devrais déclarer, d’une façon ou d’une autre, en 2022. Malgré plusieurs appels au trésor public et beaucoup de bonne volonté de leur part, ils n’ont pas réussit à déterminer comment je devais le faire.

Pourriez-vous, s’il vous plait, m’informer de mes droits et obligations ?

Cordialement