Contributing to forge.chapril.org

Bonjour,

After much deliberation with myself and discussions with the forge.chapril.org maintainer, I decided to allocate 2 hours of my fedeproxy time each week to help maintain forge.chapril.org for the next twelve months, i.e. until July 2022.

This is not really a diversion, more of circular exchange. When the time comes for fedeproxy to run against a forge with actual users, forge.chapril.org is a good candidate. It runs on gitea which is now in the scope of the first prototype since it is mostly compatible with GitHub. The idea was discussed about ten days ago and received a positive feedback.

The forge.chapril.org maintainer however insisted that running an experimental service such as fedeproxy against forge.chapril.org implies work that exceeds the current capacity of the team. By helping with the system administration tasks, more time is created to allow for an experiment with fedeproxy.

Cheers

Relevant: irc.libera.chat#april-chapril chat log for archive:

(15:49:06) dachary: cpm_screen: j’ai pris la décision de consacrer 2h par semaine à aider à la maintenance de forge.chapril.org à partir de désormais et jusqu’à juillet 2022. Si vous voulez bien de moi. En toute transparence ma décision est, comme discuté il y a une dizaine de jours, fortement influencée par la possibilité que cela offre au projet fedeproxy de pouvoir être déployé sur forge.chapril.org ( Contributing to forge.chapril.org ). Quel chemin devrais-je suivre pour poser ma candidature formellement ?
(15:59:02) cpm_screen: dachary: le chemin consiste à 1) t’inscrire à la liste chapril@april.org (https://listes.april.org/wws/info/chapril)
(16:00:14) cpm_screen: puis 2) te présenter aux membres de la listes, 3) faire part de ton envie de devenir co-animateur du service forge.chapril.org.
(16:00:31) cpm_screen: (2 et 3 potentiellement dans le même courriel)
(16:05:10) cpm_screen: dachary: 4) discussion du groupe Chapril (ça devrait être rapide) et enfin 5) entretien avoir moi pour rappeler les contraintes (doc, réu mensuelle, rapport activité…) et enfin 6) la création des comptes.