A better project name

I am preparing some projects (bit stalled due to community work) where I spread between 2 forges. I described on Lemmy: https://lemmy.ml/post/32715/comment/50043

It is an interested idea, and we might brainstorm how to shape that to be as federated as possible, while still streamlined. I really like Codeberg + Gitea a lot, as it is truly FOSS through and through. For Gitlab I am expecting a multi-billion dollar takeover in the future. Maybe to become Amazon, who knowns.

1 Like

Since I learned that CoderGlue is not a well-enough name…

Via FedisHospEx I bumped into a software that can be used to vote on names, that I wanted to mention. Here’s the brainstorm for FediHospEx on Ukuvota: https://ukuvota.world/#/app/63841ecc-fba4-1a57-6360-29f6a69fc6a2/collect

Organization structure: Umbrella project + sub-projects

Other than that (and this might warrant a separate topic) there’s the consideration that FedeProxy might not be a single initiative + project, but an ‘umbrella’ of multiple subprojects / initiatives. FedeProxy can keep its name as-is then, and it is these subprojects that can be separately named and ‘branded’.

This organization structure would align with a modular approach to projects + architecture. Having both organization and architecture ‘modularized’ is a good way to ensure you take the requirements that flow from that into account.

Maybe (merely brainstorming) what we already have is:

• FedeProxy: Umbrella organization (or initiative / movement / community)
    • Core module: DVCS, AP federation, “the plumbing”
    • Social module: Boundless collaboration, Diversity

These modules can have distinctive names / ‘brands’, be separate sub-projects. The latter one is what I would call “CoderGlue: Let’s code together”, atm (and a better name can be ideated).

1 Like

The domain coderglue.org is scheduled to be renewed in seven days. I do not intend to renew it. Do you think it is worth keeping? It was a good name but then forgefriends came along and was even better :wink:

No, forgefriends ‘kicks the llama’s ass’ so to say, and way outshines coderglue :slight_smile:

3 Likes