A better project name

Unfortunately CodeBridge and CodeSpan, CodeLink, CodeFabric, CodeBond too, are many times taken already… they would be perfect.

CodeSpread, possible.

How about:

Gitokay

Or how do you like: Gitogether?
There’s an old GitTogether (double T) and a GITogether facebook page. Some other uses, but nothing substantial.

There are others, like Gitforward, Gitfurther, Gitwell, Gititout, Gitoutnow, Gitbridged, Gitcommon

Or :thinking:

Ubigitus

ubiquitous → ubi • git • us (you’ll be git with us)

" Being or seeming to be everywhere at the same time; omnipresent."

(Not really self-explanatory, but I find it quite a nice find)

1 Like

Gitweave

I like this one a lot. And all important domain names are not already taken!!

Wow, I very much like Gitogether! It does not encompass minorities that we care about though. And Mercurialtogether does not work :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, but you should do a more thorough name check than I did with a quick DDG’ing.

It’s frustrating :frowning: You found such great names.

1 Like

I learned about weave today, there is that :slight_smile:

I think it is a good name, except it is tied to Git… while there are other types of forges (but git rules supreme overall). It is simple to remember, rolls well off the tongue, and it has some meaning to it that’s close to what the product does. It is also a rallying cry: “Get weaving!”

PS. Devweave is also possible, but it is less strong as a name.

Gitweave: Where code comes together

Gitweave: Brings coders together

1 Like

To avoid Git in the name, here’s:

CoderGlue: Let’s code together

• Bind code together
  • Ties code together
  • Brings code together

All domain names at your disposal :grin:

(things like codeglue.me are also possible)

1 Like

I love it. It conveys all the ideas:

• It’s for people working around code
  • It’s glue to bring people together
  • It’s glue to bind forges together
  • Once they are all bound together the glue becomes part of the whole and disolves

“codeblue” made me think about code blue but it’s not a positive association.

1 Like

Nice! I like brainstorming names. Would be quick in registering a domain, so no squatter takes it (if you like it enough for that).

1 Like

Code: Blue was a New York City police SWAT team that was specially trained and equipped to deal with super-powered criminals.

Yes, I know :laughing:

1 Like

I’m tempted to go for coderglue.org but maybe another extension would be nicer?

Yes, I would do that. There are other options, but this one is the most fitting.

1 Like

With this you can make the pitch more loose and casual, friendly-sounding, I think. You can use the word coders, and code hosting, federated code, collaborative coding… things like that. And end with “Let’s code together”.

1 Like

Registered! Let’s think about it for a few days and see how everyone likes it or not. @aschrijver I’m impressed by your creativity :art:

1 Like

Now we can present it with some formatted text and as an emblem…

coderglue-logo-idea

Just an idea, @dachary :wink:

The icon needs to be recreated, as this is an existing one. Maybe to something completely different. Here are image details:

Inkscape SVG:

coderglue-logo-idea

1 Like

coderglue-logo-idea2

Created with an adapted version of a Network icon, such that it represents a smiling person too, with a soothing hand over it (added a stroke for thicker lines too).

Inkscape SVG version:

coderglue-logo-idea2

(Don’t feel obliged to use any of this, just discard if you do not like it… I am in my element, but will stop now :blush:)

1 Like

I’m speechless… this is great. :tada:

1 Like

I woke up this morning thinking that fedeproxy/coderglue should (must?) be developed in a federated way, from the beginning. Not only should there be a showcase (e.g. me working on Ceph from GitLab although it’s on GitHub). It would be strange if fedeproxy/coderglue was not actively developed on at least two different forges (to make it simpler those two forges could both be GitLab, but they would be two different GitLab instances).

But I will have to wait a few days: my next fedeproxy day is thursday 22 and the beginning of this week is busy with they other project I’m working on this year (Ceph related).